UPDATE: Contribute to Our Space Issue!
UPDATE: Due to special request, the deadline for our Space Issue Photography Contest has been extended to midnight Tuesday, February 20, 2018! Submit your photos based on/inspired by “2001: A Space Odyssey” to us by then for a chance to be featured in our Space Issue (March/April 2018). Before we get back the original post, we’ve answered some FAQs:
Q: Can I submit photos that have already been published?
A: Yes. And copyright permissions will remain with you, the photographer.
Q: Do the photos have to include a model?
A: Not necessarily. We’re interested in fashion shoots featuring models, but also in more conceptual shoots and even astrophotography.
Q: Does it cost anything to submit?
A: Nope — it’s free! All we need are your photos and basic information (name, website/social media handles and a short bio).
Q: Will I receive credit for the images?
A: Of course! Credit will be granted both within the spread and in the list of contributing photographers.
Q: Will the photos be ranked or put in places?
A: No — if we publish your photos, you’re a winner! We call it a “contest,” but it’s really more like an open call for submissions.
We’ve featured some of the most exciting art photographers in the world. We’ve featured one of the greatest rock photographers in history. And now, we want to feature you!
71 is thrilled to announce our Space Issue Photography Contest! We’re opening our doors for submissions of interesting, creative art photography based on or inspired by the groundbreaking sci-fi film, “2001: A Space Odyssey” (1968). Submissions can be fashion-forward or natural, literal or conceptual, retro or futuristic. We would say the sky’s the limit, but nope — Jupiter’s the limit.
Our favorite submissions will be published in a special photography showcase within our Space Issue (March/April 2018). Submit now to be part of Team 71!
- Send up to 15 hi-res images with your name, a short bio, credits and your social media handles to email@example.com by the NEW deadline of midnight February 20, 2018.
- All images should be 300 dpi with bleed and fully edited for publication, and about half should be suitable as double trucks.
- 11.25″ x 8.25″ (single page)
- 11.25″ x 17.5″ (double truck)
- Photographers will receive full credit with live links to their websites/social media handles, as applicable, for any published work.
- Photographers of all experience levels are welcome to submit their work.
- While 71 reserves the right to publish the photos in the March/April 2018 issue, copyright permissions will remain with the photographers.
- Submission is completely free!
Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!